8 Weeks Out

Getting closer!

2.7.2016 // 8 weeks outs


This week was really good. The stress I was feeling last week dissipated, and my sleep is back to normal sleepy goodness. Also had my period without any issues (sometimes I get very sick or have a lot of pain), and I think last week was just a lot of PMS. :/ Anyways, I'm feeling much better, and I'm happy to report a great week in the books!

One of my suits came this week! It's a beautiful CJ's Elite Suits with lots of shine. And it's blue... of course. :)



I also got to test my new squat and deadlift maxes this week. I always feel like I need to add the disclaimer that, no, my strength is not super impressive, but I'm proud nonetheless because I've worked hard for it. But I'm done with that disclaimer. I'm proud of my strength. Period. I've been working my way back up to 135 lbs  for my squat for so long. This week was a huge milestone in finally getting those plates on the bar! I did forget to take a video (did it even really happen?!), but Reed was there, and my badass powerlifting gym friend Sara spotted me. This is the strongest my squat has ever been at this body weight, and this is the strongest my deadlift has ever been.

{deadlift 171 lbs for 4 reps at 106-107 lbs body weight seen here}
{squat 135 lbs for 2 reps at 106-107 lbs body weight... but forgot to video it #oops}

I'm also super excited that I've been able to gain strength while dieting. I don't know how long it will continue to last, but it's awesome that it has been happening. I believe it's due to smart programming and smart nutritional periodization throughout my training week.

No adjustments this week. Still at 11000 cals per week and 775 cal cardio burn per week. This is my 3rd week (going into my 4th week) on these macros and another great reminder that things need not change every single week. Hit a new low yesterday morning of 105.4 lbs with a rolling average of 106.4 lbs as of today.

Lifting still at 5 days per week. Doing 125 cal cardio burn after each lifting session, sometimes doing circuits or barbell complexes or just lifting weights faster, and sometimes walking on the treadmill. This takes 20-25 minutes, and I'm done before I know it. :) I take Monday and Friday as rest days. Monday I take completely off, and Friday I've been getting in some LISS -- 150 cals of walking, then doing my regular Friday recovery day routine of stretching, foam rolling, lacrosse ball, and a little bit of posing.

Overall, I'm feeling just very excited. :) Competitors know what I'm talking about when I say waking up each morning is kinda like Xmas. You're excited for another day to work hard and give it your all. I think that's the beauty of prep, is even though it can be exhausting at times, it's still super exhilarating. That's probably the most important part of any prep -- the thrill of the journey. Looking forward to another week of opportunities to earn my way to the stage.

Comments

  1. I always tend to binge read your blogs and catch up 😂 Late congratulations on your prs!! That's so exciting and you should be proud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Brandi! Still trying to get on your strength level. ;) You're amazing, chica!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts