7 Weeks Out

Time is flying!

2.14.2016 // 7 weeks out
This last week was a deload week for my squats and deadlifts, which my body appreciated. Still maintaining strength on all of my lifts, and I haven't had to decrease weight or reps on anything yet. I'm super excited about this. Strength goals are so much fun, and maintaining that strength that I've worked so hard for is a good feeling. I know that decreases in strength often come with the territory of contest dieting, and if (or more likely, when) that happens, I won't let it get to me too much. But for right now, I'm just enjoying the strength maintenance of my lifts and feeling good about the progress I'm making.

Still no changes in my diet or cardio. Food at 11000 cals/week and cardio at 775 cals/week. This is my 4th week (going into my 5th week) with these numbers, and I'm still seeing progress. I hit a new low last Wednesday of 104.8 lbs. However, the scale is just one tool, and I refuse to rely solely on scale weight. Physique sports are unique in that it's all about a visual look. While tools like scale weight and circumference measurements can give us some data, it's important to use methods of tracking progress that most closely match the ultimate goal. If the ultimate goal is a visual look, you'd better be using some visual assessments. I've been seeing inklings of my abs for the first few times this past week. I don't have very prominent abs (I'm pretty thick waisted and boxy up and down), so seeing some changes in my midsection is a step in the right direction.

baby abs making a rare appearance
I'm feeling very excited for another week. It's not without its challenges -- I've been starting to feel pretty exhausted by the end of the day, and feeling pretty hungry on my lower calorie days. However, I refuse to complain or dwell on the negatives. I'm fortunate to have the health, time, finances, and drive for this journey, and that alone makes me feel very appreciative. I'm thankful for the opportunities ahead of me, for those who believe in and support me, and for a journey that allows me to challenge myself, reflect, and grow. I hope that never comes across as insincere or fake. Yes, it is difficult at times, but ultimately, I choose this journey because I love it.

Comments

Popular Posts