Transform from the Inside

This started as a journey to change my body, and as proud as I am with the physical changes that I've made on the outside, I am 100x more proud of the changes that I have made on the inside. I've gotten so much more out of this journey than I ever imagined. It has taken on a role of self love and improvement from the inside out. I'm in it because I love the feelings of pushing myself, challenging myself, accepting myself, and learning to love myself. I have become a stronger person, a more secure person, and a happier person. That's why I don't get hung up on carrying some extra body fat, because I know a number on the scale doesn't determine my self worth. That's why I can look in the mirror every day and appreciate what I see, because I don't just see myself for what's on the outside, but I see myself for what's in my heart, my character, and my strengths. And that's why it ultimately doesn't matter how I place in a physique competition or how much weight I can lift, because I am (in the words of Brooke Erickson) more than my shell.

I've had a small number of people tell me that I have inspired them in some small way or another, and in my mind, that is the ultimate compliment. It's truly profound to me that I could ever have a positive impact on someone else's life. But if I could inspire anyone of anything, I would hope it would be this: to love the journey, to love the ups and downs, and to love yourself. Start your journey from a place of loving yourself and respecting yourself. Don't wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself, but be proud of yourself for every small step you've made along the way. While it's a great feeling of accomplishment to like what you see in the mirror, your body is only a shell. Transforming your outside alone will not transform your inside. If you are unhappy with who you are, you will be unhappy no matter how lean or jacked you get. But if you learn to love yourself in the process, if you transform from the inside, it will not matter how near or far you are from you goals, because you will be happy with where you are in your journey and who you are in your heart.



Comments

Popular Posts