Update: Mini Cut Progress

Just finished up the 4th and final week of my mini cut.

4 week mini cut progress 8/16/15 -- 9/14/15


Starting weight was 114.4 lbs. Ending with a low of 108.4 lbs. The point here is to be aggressive, get in and get out. Get the fat loss done and get back to building.

Macros stayed the same throughout the entire 4 weeks  -- 120p/40f/180c (1560 cals) -- although I sometimes swap around carbs for fat or vice versa. I did do some cardio, ranging from 1-3 sessions of circuit intervals per week, with a 150-170 calorie burn per session. That's about 20 minutes of kettle bells, plyos, and bodyweight exercises for me, 1-3 times per week, just depending on my energy.

This mini cut includes a long weekend at the coast with my mom where I didn't bring my food scale, which serves as a good reminder that by learning and practicing accurate portion sizes, you can better eyeball portions when you're winging it. It also includes a weekend with Reed's family in town, and a weekend spent visiting my friends in Tacoma. The point is that life happens, and you plan and prioritize accordingly.

From here, the plan is to walk my calories up over the next 2 weeks, spend a week at maintenance calories, and then continue building up calories into a surplus and focus on growing. The bigger picture for this improvement season is shorter bulk + mini cut cycles, with my next mini cut planned for sometime around December. I'm feeling very excited to make some progress and continue working on improving. :)

Comments

  1. Great update post Amy. It's always fun to see your progress on and off the stage. I'm excited to see what your macros will increase to as you continue the process. Keep it up my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts