Recap: WNBF Washington State Natural Emerald City Pro/Am 2015

This last Saturday was the WNBF Washington State Natural Emerald City in Marysville, WA. What a weekend!

My mom flew in from Abq to support me. This was her first taste of bodybuilding, and I am so happy we got to share this weekend together. :) We rented a little house right on the water. The dogs absolutely love being on the beach as much as I do. :)

Libby on the beach

I placed 1st in my height class, took 2nd in the overall, and won my WNBF pro card. Ahhh! I am now a WNBF Bikini Pro! It still seems so unreal. :)



The show was so much fun. I can't say enough good things about the promoters, Kevin and Lynda, who truly made me feel welcome to the WNBF family, starting with a big hug at check-ins on Thursday, and homemade brownies for every competitor on Saturday night. I always love meeting others involved in bodybuilding, and this weekend was no exception. I met many kind, beautiful women who I am looking forward to seeing around at future events. I also met a few male competitors and we got to talk flexible dieting goodness backstage. The community of those involved is my favorite part about competing as I love meeting others who are passionate about this lifestyle. Bodybuilding is such a niche community, and to be surrounded with that many people who share a similar interest is awesome.

Getting to share this experience with my mom was everything I could have asked for. Time with her is always precious. As good as it feels to win, especially winning my pro card, a placing or title does not define me. My happiness will always boil down to my character, my values, and my relationships with those I love. I've never won 1st place in anything. I can't lie and tell you that it didn't feel good, because it did. But it was icing on the cake of what was already a fantastic weekend spent with people I love and doing what I love. I am very fortunate for both of those possibilities to be a reality.

Comments

Popular Posts