9 Days Out

9 days out.... Eeeeek! :)

awesome #selfienook at the new gym


Since my last prep update, I've managed to get out of my head a little more. I've been focusing on enjoying the process. That is, enjoying my workouts, enjoying the challenge of hitting my macros, enjoying finding forms of cardio that I don't hate. I'm focusing on enjoying the process instead of focusing on the goal. By focusing on enjoying the process, I'm doing the things that I need to do in order to reach my goal. It's sort of counterintuitive, but by focusing solely on the goal, it doesn't really ensure that I'm doing the small things day in and day out that will actually get me there. And I don't mean just going through the motions of the process. (If you hate prep and you're miserable, then what are you doing it for? If you dread what you do, how sustainable is it as a lifestyle?) I mean actually enjoying the process and allowing it to be something that adds value to my life.

Took a decent drop in cals 2 weeks ago. Current macros are 120P/30F/165C. This is the lowest my carbs have been since 2013. I'm allowing myself to be flexible with my macros. Sometimes I'll lower protein to allow for more carbs for the day. Other times I'll slightly lower fat to allow for more carbs for the day. This flexibility keeps me feeling good both mentally and physically. I've implemented some structured re-feed days here and there, which are usually followed by a "whoosh" on the scale. And, of course, I'm still eating treats. Hershey's kisses and ice cream have been my jam lately.

Strength is still hanging on. It's a struggle, but well worth it. Still doing 3 days on/1 day off with a pull/legs/push split. Rep ranges are now undulating 6-8's, 10's, 6-8's, 10's, etc. Still at 20 mins HIIT cardio every 4th day (leg day), and still hitting 180-200 cal burn on my HIIT. I've been doing more plyos and circuits for my HIIT lately and less sprints on the elliptical. I've been enjoying the change. Steady state cardio is at 800 cal burn per week. Very manageable, and again, doing a mix of things here. Sometimes elliptical, sometimes bodyweight exercises, and sometimes doing kickboxing DVDs at home. The kickboxing is actually my new favorite.

Energy has been decent. Mentally, I can feel myself getting a little foggy. My ability to double-task is subpar, and when proof reading my writing, I'm finding it littered with errors. (Don't judge me! Haha.) Reed just got an espresso machine, and I am digging it! I'm loving me some sugar free vanilla lattes! :) Physically, I'm feeling fine. As a bonus, all I have to do is think about the upcoming comps, and I get a nice rush of excitement.

I cannot believe how fast time is flying. Here's to the next 9 days!

Comments

Popular Posts