Recap: NPC Vancouver USA 2015

I competed this past Saturday in the NPC Vancouver USA in Vancouver, WA. I had a lot of fun!

I think my favorite part of the whole weekend was that I was in great company. I knew a few women from posing class and got to hang out with them back stage. They are all so amazingly beautiful and kind. I feel so lucky to have met a group of ladies who are so welcoming. :) I'm not part of a team, and I was scared that I would feel alone. But the atmosphere back stage was awesome. We are all in this sport together, and I truly felt like we were there to support each other and bring out the best in each other. I also got to meet some people who I follow on Instagram who are equally amazing in person. I met many new people who I'm looking forward to getting to know more and following along on their journeys. I left feeling like I've made some wonderful friends, and I'm so excited to see them again and cheer each other on again at upcoming competitions.

I competed in bikini class A (5'1 and under) and placed 4th. I am very happy with that placing! The class was absolutely stacked with incredible women, and it was an honor to share the stage with each one of them. 

Bikini Class A

I'm working on getting feedback from the judges so I know what to improve on. From my own reflection, I know I need to continue to refine my posing and presentation, take my time, and not rush. Physique wise, I'll be coming in tighter. I feel like I'm getting more comfortable on stage (this was only my 2nd competition ever), and I'm looking forward to doing it all over again very soon.


Comments

Popular Posts