Progress: Mini Cut Week #3

End of the 3rd and final week of my mini cut. Here's my progress:

Start of mini cut vs. end of week #3


Down an average of 2.17 lbs. this week, and down a total of 6.57 lbs. for the entire 3 weeks.

Kept carbs at the higher end this week, around 170 g., with protein at 120 g., and fat at 33 g. 

I took a few extra days off from the gym this week to balance my recovery with my intensity. The result is that I came into my workouts better rested, better recovered, and performed better. Strength has maintained decently. I haven't been able to add any weight to the bar these last 3 weeks, but I also haven't had to take any off.

End of week #1 vs. end of week #3


Now it's straight back to bulking, with macros back to 150 g. protein, 330 g. carbs, 70 g. fat. Carbs will continue to come up as I continue to build my metabolic capacity. Coming off of this mini cut, I have some strength goals in the gym, and I'm looking forward to setting some new PRs. Making the conscious switch from aesthetic based goals to performance based goals. (This is something I recommend to anyone who tends to get hung up on fat gains.)

So, what's next? I'm hoping to get through the next 6 months or so bulking straight through without having to diet again until around October, at which point I'll do another quick mini cut to quickly shed some fat again, then it will be right back to bulking. Around January of February (depending on my conditioning), I'll start competition prep for spring shows. Sounds like a long ways away, but I'm already 1/3 through my improvement season. I'm putting in the work during my improvement season, and I'm excited about the progress and gains that I'm making. Not trying to rush anything, just enjoying the process, and loving the journey.

Comments

Popular Posts