Progress: Mini Cut Week #2

End of week #2 of my mini cut. Here's my progress so far:

Start of mini cut, end of week #1, and end of week #2

Down an average of 2.38 lbs. this week, for a total of 4.4 lbs. so far during this mini cut. I decided to stick it out and diet for one more week before getting right back to my bulk. So be expecting one more mini cut update next week.

Macros are still the same. Hitting 145 g. protein, 145 g. carbs, and 33 g. fat on some days, and on other days I've been reducing my protein to 120 g. while upping my carbs to 170 g. Again, these adjustments are based on how I'm feeling for the day. I'm finding myself with more energy which translates to better performance in the gym with carbs at the higher end of the spectrum. Better performance in the gym translates to greater calorie expenditure which translates to greater fat loss.

I also enjoy my food selection more with a greater number of carbs. Been fitting in burritos and chocolate. :) As I discussed in my last post, if you're a rigid dieter expecting greater fat loss or better results as a product of your ability to suffer through a miserable diet, you're setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. Diet smarter, not harder.

Still zero cardio. Had a busy work week and the weather has been nice, so I know that has contributed to some additional calorie expenditure via NEAT.

Fat loss is not an impossible puzzle. It is generally straight forward once you have a decent understanding of nutrition and how the body responds. The best thing you can do is to educate yourself, do your research, and find someone you trust to guide you. (For anyone who is interested, I am doing online training.) Once you have this foundation, you can easily manipulate your body towards your goals, whether they are muscle gain or fat loss, without getting duped by "magical" foods/supplements and extreme/fad diets.


Start of mini cut vs. end of week #2

End of week #1 vs. end of week #2


Comments

Popular Posts