23 Weeks In

23 weeks into my improvement season. Roughly 8 weeks left to make some gains. In my head, 8 weeks feels like nothing. I know it's going to fly by, and I'm set on making the absolute most out of it.

Of course I'm excited for my competition season, but that does't mean that I'm not excited to be where I'm at right now. I'm enjoying more strength, energy, and higher macros. I'm eating in a caloric surplus, focusing on gaining strength and increasing my performance in the gym, while knowing that this will translate into improvements in my physique.

Current macros are 120p/63f/160c. No cardio. Weight is hovering around 110-110.5 lbs.

11.8.2015 weekly progress pic

I like to share these pics to give a realistic view of an offseason physique, of my offseason physique. I'm not interested in hiding during my offseason and giving anyone the impression that I'm only interested in sharing my journey or proud of my journey when I'm stage-lean. I'm 10-12 lbs over stage weight, and I love myself no more or less because of it.

It's taken me a lot of practice to be comfortable and confident in my own skin. I've been extra fluffy and extra lean and every step in between, and from that, I've learned that I can be happy regardless of my physique. Happiness doesn't come from external things; it comes from the inside. I don't mean to sound so cliche, but I think a lot of people still believe that being leaner or more muscular or prettier or whatever is the key to finally being happy and satisfied, and that couldn't be any further from the truth. Make the choice to find happiness in the here and now, otherwise you'll arrive at your goal and still be just as miserable. I'm going to repeat what I posted on my IG physique update: Don't get so busy building your body that you forget to build your mindset. The most meaningful transformations happen on the inside.

Comments

Popular Posts