22 Weeks In

22 weeks into my improvement season and time has been flying! 22 weeks out from my first competition of the season. 24 weeks out from my pro debut. 8-12 weeks left to build, then I'll officially start my prep for my WNBF pro debut and spring competitions. I've talked plenty about my difficulties transitioning into an off season, but once I'm settled into it, I really do enjoy it. I love the feeling of improving and growing. That's the thing I miss most during prep, is knowing that I actually have sufficient calories coming in to build new tissue. Prep is fun and a lot of instant gratification, but the off season is special in that it's delayed gratification; the longer and harder I work at it, the more satisfied I'll be. I'm considering another quick mini cut in the next 2 weeks to make my prep shorter. Whereas last year I had one long dieting phase, I'd like to experiment with breaking it up a bit. I'm weighing my options and will be making a decision soon.

Currently training 5 days per week. No formal cardio. I've been enjoying more flexibility in my training with some auto-regulation and training based on exercises that feel good for the given day. Hips have been feeling good lately, and I've been staying on top of recovery work with the TP roller, lacrosse ball, and stretching. I've gotten in some posing practice, which I really enjoy, and will continue to have the goal of posing more often. Current macros are 120p/60f/260c. Current bodyweight is around 110 lbs.

11.1.2015 morning face


Comments

Popular Posts