New Year, New Goals

Happy 2017! I feel so fortunate to be looking ahead at the next year and feeling so excited and optimistic at what's ahead. 2016 was good to me -- personally, I made my pro debut, I hired coaches for the first time, and I competed at the WNBF World Championships. I brought bikini clients into 4 shows, and I continued to build my personal training business, where I feel so fortunate to work with my clients who are nothing short of amazing. I'm truly honored that my clients have chosen me to guide them on their journey, to see or check in with me each week, to let me shout, "1 more rep!" and to be their cheerleader. Vive is truly the best place to be, and I'm thankful to be surrounded by such talented, knowledgable, and creative minds.

Reflecting on the last 12 months, I have learned so much. I find that the greater the challenge, the more I am forced to learn. Growth really does happen outside of our comfort zone... I'm thrilled to think about the growth I'm in for this year. ;)

Professionally, I'm looking forward to giving more to my clients and to continue learning and experimenting with different approaches. I'm looking forward to writing more. This blog has been an outlet for me for 3 years, and I'm excited to keep it going with content, updates, and really whatever is kicking around in my head. I'll be bringing several competition clients to stage, a journey that I think is just as rewarding for me as it is for each competitor. Personally, I don't have any competition plans, but I have some big goals for redefining balance in my life, something I am constantly working towards improving.

For anyone who is starting on new goals, picking back up on old goals, or continuing with their current grind, my best advice is to get excited. GET EXCITED! Envision your success. Relish in the feeling of accomplishment. Feel the energy that sparks when you're working towards something that you're stoked about. Being excited doesn't mean that it's going to be easy, that you know exactly what the journey will be like, or even that you're 100% confident. It's ok (and actually good) if your goals are big and scary, but they should also be exciting. If you're not excited about what you're doing, ask yourself why. Find something you are excited about, and then use that energy to build momentum to move forward.

Comments

Popular Posts