2016 NPC Vancouver USA Recap

Wow! My first show of the season came and went, and I'm reminded at just how quickly time goes. As bodybuilders and competitors, we spend so much time preparing for such a short moment. It's a solid reminder to slow down and enjoy the journey, because the destination is so short lived.




The NPC Vancouver show was last weekend (Saturday, April 2nd), and I had a great time. It was nice to "get my feet wet" and get back in the competition swing. Out of my 3 competition seasons, this is the quickest I've been back to stage (1 year between shows) and I'm still surprised at just how long I felt like I had been away.




I will say that each time back to the stage gets more and more comfortable, and this was probably the least nervous I've felt going on stage. My nerves usually ramp up as we're lined up back stage waiting to go on. I still felt that adrenaline rush, but I was better able to be present and enjoy the moment. I can't help but wonder how much of this is from actual stage experience and how much is from being happy and confident in my package that I'm brining. It's likely a combination of both, but this has been such an enjoyable prep and shaping my body for me in a way that I am happy with and with methods that are sustainable for me... I can't help but think that that feeling of content helps me to feel more present and calm.

I placed 3rd in my class of 5, which I am happy with. I will continue to work on my posing and bring more personality with my stage presence. Vlog below where you can see pre-judging and finals.





Also a big congrats to my clients, Hannah and Brittany, who rocked the stage. I am so dang proud of them and so completely honored to be a part of their journey. They motivate me to be better every day.



I got to see many old friends and meet new ones. That's the best part of this sport: the people you meet. <3




 And a big THANK YOU to my boyfriend, Reed. You do so much for me. Thank you for being so wonderful.



Already full steam ahead for my next show, the WNBF Washington State Natural (my pro debut!!) in 2 weeks! Let's go!

4.3.2016 // 2 weeks out



Comments

Popular Posts