Competition Prep Transition

6.5 months into my improvement season and am now officially transitioning into my contest prep. :)

I'm starting a few weeks earlier than I had originally planned, but there's a couple reasons for doing so. I had considered doing a quicker prep with a larger deficit to generate quicker fat loss, but I *feel* better when the pace is slower. My energy is higher, my strength holds steadier, I sleep better, and my appetite is better regulated. I was toying with the idea of breaking my prep into shorter segments with more breaks, and finally decided on experimenting with a cyclical dieting approach for this prep. Because I'm trying something new, I want to have plenty of time. I always want to have plenty of time. ;) Again, the goal is to be relaxed and ready going into my shows. I also want to bring food up going into my shows, as I know from experience with my own body that I look better after 1-2 weeks of increasing macros. So here we are, 16 weeks out from my 1st show of the season, and 18 weeks out form my WNBF pro debut.

current conditioning wrapping up my improvement season

Comments

Popular Posts