6 Weeks Out

Currently 6 weeks out from my last comp of the spring season!

I would have never predicted winning my WNBF pro card last month... It was absolutely amazing, and it left me with a high that I'm still riding. I've also been experiencing an unexpected side-effect: satisfaction. LOL. As strange as that may sound, I was not expecting to feel so satisfied. It completely changed my motivation. I was no longer looking to jump on stage again at the next opportunity. I think it's important to "stay hungry" in this sport, to always be pushing for improvment, but more than feeling hungry for more, I've been feeling satisfied.

I had planned on doing a few more competitions this season, including the Emerald Cup in Bellevue, WA and the Cascadian Classic in Bend, OR. As the deadline to register for the Emerald Cup rolled around, I just didn't feel the drive, and I never ended up registering. I've decided not to register for the Cascadian Classic either, and instead have been enjoying just living. Been working on finding that balance that can slowly start to escape when things get very competition-focused. Switching up my routine to re-ignite that excitement. I got to visit "home" in Albuquerque, spend time with my mom, and see a good friend get married. I've gotten to enjoy some date nights and some delicious meals out. I just took a deload last week, and strength and motivation are feeling good.

And with that, I've found myself in a sort of limbo: not feeling the intense drive to get back on stage (at least not until now), but not feeling ready to end my competition season, either. But I'm feeling that itch again, and have decided to compete in the Oregon State Championships in Hillsboro, OR at the end of June. My mom will be coming up (yay!!!), and I'm feeling so, SOO excited. :)





Comments

Popular Posts