6 Weeks Out

Today marks 6 weeks until I step on stage. I have to be honest: this week, more than ever, I'm feeling anxious. This whole time I've felt very nonchalant, very collected, as I've been right on track with my time frame. Things are still right on track, but this week just feels different. With only 6 weeks left, shit is getting real... AHH! I am very much about focusing on myself and only worrying about the things that I can control. But that doesn't mean I don't get anxious. I'm focusing on practicing self-love and letting go of the idea of perfection.

Hit a new low of 107.0 lbs yesterday. I'm trying very hard not to chase a number and instead chase a physique. One of the most difficult things is taking a realistic and objective look at your own physique. Things change so slowly, and when you see yourself every single day in the mirror, it's hard to see the big picture. It can fuck with your mind if you let it. Yes, I feel small and flat at times, sometimes I wonder if I look like I even lift, but it all comes down to progress, and I'd rather be where I'm at today (both physically and mentally) than where I was at the first day that I picked up a weight. That's the progress that I'm after.

6 weeks out

Still at 130P/30F/200C. Sometimes I can't believe I'm eating this much food and continuing with a steady drop of around 1 lb/week. Workouts have been good. Still struggling to keep weight on the bar, but strength is hanging on. Ran sprints for my HIIT today at the park with my dogs... I think they like it more than I do. ;)

I got my suit, and it's gorgeous! Then I cracked a bought another one because I can and because I'd like to have some variety. I'm in the process of getting a figure suit because I'd still like to enter both divisions, but not at the expense of doing two divisions half-assed. I want to be able to give both my all. I've never had any sort of formal posing lessons, so I've scheduled some Skype consultations with IFBB bikini pro Laurin Conlin. I'm really excited (!!!) as I've looked up to her for quite some time. :) There's also some local posing clinics that I'll most likely check out. I have a few other odds and ends to take care of... Some makeup, some hair products, some skin products, and some jewelry... But that girly stuff is fun. Even though I'm feeling anxious, I'm feeling equally excited. :)

Comments

Popular Posts