Intro

Starting a fitness blog is something that I've been wanting to do for a while. I would say I'm outwardly introverted, but inside my mind is constantly buzzing. I'm a thinker, and not necessarily a talker, although lately my Facebook and Instagram have become an outlet for my musings. The transparency and willingness of others to share their journey, their knowledge, and their struggles has been invaluable to me. And so with this, my best hope is that I can somehow pay it forward, and at the very least, have a place for reflection.

I've been intimidated with the thought of where to actually start with a blog, so instead of over thinking my first (and admittedly very difficult) post, I've decided to share a personal and deeply meaningful intro to how fitness has become my life. The following is a Facebook post that I made a few weeks ago, for which I received an outpouring of support from others, and in turn served as the final catalyst in making the decision to share my own journey, my own knowledge, and my own struggles. 





#tbt #throwbackthursday to the morning after my first competition in September. I remember waking up feeling like a million bucks and couldn't wait to get back in my favorite place: the gym. 

I don't usually share like this on social media, but I have benefited so much from the transparency of others that I wanted to open up about myself.

Lifting has changed my life. Admittedly, I started lifting to change my appearance on the outside, but the real transformation has occurred on the inside. Before I started my journey, I was living in fear: fear of failure, fear of never being enough, fear of what other people thought about me. I didn't have any real direction or anything that I was passionate about. I'm not even sure that I could identify the feeling of being deeply passionate about something because my life revolved around shopping and getting wasted.

Lifting has taught me dedication, consistency, and perseverance. Lifting has shown me the strength of not just my body, but of my mind. I no longer fear failure, as I have come to know it not as a destination, but as a detour on the way to success. I have come to learn that what other people think of me is none of my business, to stop comparing myself to others, to unapologetically accept myself, and to know that I am enough. Life is no longer about being better than anyone else. It is about being the best version of myself. I have come to realize that if my mind isn't strong, then ultimately, I am weak. I choose strong. I no longer live in deprivation, guilt, or doubt. I no longer live in fear.

I hope you find your passion, and I hope it builds you from the inside out

Comments

  1. I love your blog. I have really been wanting to get into lifting, and have started using free weights at home. I feel lost in the weight room. I will keep reading and checking back. Thank you for your honesty and willingness to share! I can't tell you how nice it is to read something so humbling and inspirational. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts